Last year I started a Pinterest board for New Year's Resolutions. Basically I want to:
- Drink more water
- Make smart food choices - I don't follow any sort of "diet" other than Canada's Food Guide. I try to pick foods that "mean" something. If they aren't going to provide some benefit to me then I don't want them. I like "power foods" like whole grains, colourful fruits and vegetables, and low-fat meats. And if you want an alcoholic drink, at least wine has some antioxidants in it to make it somewhat useful.
- Exercise. I am going to continue the pattern of getting up three mornings a week before work and working out. We have our stationary bike, some weights, a ball, and now a kettlebell (a Christmas gift) so I'll be finding some more home workouts.
- Organize our house. Since we moved in we have been busy. First with E's birthday, then our electricians, and of course Christmas. We still have a number of drawers, closets, etc. where things are just thrown in and in need of some help.
- Clean our house. I am not good at cleaning, and while our house is certainly not a pig sty (thanks mostly to Dave), I do want to step up my game.
- Spend more time with family and friends. It is easy to just hide away in our house, especially during the winter months, but I want to get out more and make more plans. E loves being with other kids, going out to eat, and exploring our city (and we do too), so I hope we can make lots of plans.
- Do something out of my comfort zone. This has been on my list for the past few years, and usually there is something I've done that accomplishes this. I don't plan what it will be, but usually something comes up that I can take on as a challenge, so we shall see what this year brings.
What is on your list of resolutions for 2015?
Or maybe this is all I need to focus on (the phrase, not the phone!)
All good ones that I can relate to, as well! I especially like the last one. As I get older I find I am more apt to do the things Where I am safe and not sorry. But I will see if this year I go beyond my comfort zone a bit.....it already sounds exciting! Cheers!ReplyDelete