1. A can of pumpkin - I don't cook with pumpkin anytime except in the fall, and you can make it savoury or sweet. We made some pumpkin mac and cheese, a pumpkin loaf, and a pumpkin pie. I may pick up one more can before we make the turn into Christmas.
2. Trench Coat - A trench coat is great for work or for looking put together on the weekend. I got this one at Banana Republic last year and it is pretty classic.
3. Sweaters - I love able to throw on a sweater without a jacket and fall is the time to do that. I haven't dug this one out yet, but this weekend the box of sweaters is coming upstairs!
4. A walk in the park - This isn't a "thing", but it is a must have so you an enjoy the beauty of this season.
5. Hand cream - It is starting to get a little cooler so my skin is feeling it. I have a little one at my desk from the Body Shop which comes in handy to apply throughout the day.
6. Immune stick - The fall is usually accompanied by some colds, but I try to ward them off with my "magic wand" from Saje. I roll this Immune stick on my throat and chest when I feel a cold coming on and I think it helps.
7. Headband - When I do go for a run in the fall I like to have my ears covered. I have a nice thick headband from lululemon that does the trick. They don't seem to make a similar version anymore. It also works as a guard for your neck, like I used in Barcelona in January.
8. Rubber boots - I love being able to march through puddles and wet grass without worrying about my footwear, and my Hunter boots are just the thing to do that in. I have this style with the adjustable back.
9. Coffee - I love making an afternoon coffee in the fall with my French Press coffee maker. Since it gets darker earlier, I feel like I need the extra boost to stay awake.
10. Red wine - I drink wine all year round, but I tend to go for red wine in the fall. One of my favourites is this Barbaresco, but if you see the price, we don't get it on a regular basis!
What are your must haves for fall?
Such cozy favourites! Love that sweater! I want that immune stick...ReplyDelete