As usual some random favourites on this Friday.
1. We are getting our photos done tomorrow. I have never really coordinated outfits for photos before but I am taking a shot at it. I can't decide on pants for any of us. The choices will probably change a few more times before Saturday morning.
2. It is Sakura in High Park this week. That means all of the cherry blossoms are in bloom and the park is packed with people. We will be there on Saturday morning for our photos so we can also see the blossoms while we are there. Here is a picture of E's first Sakura.
3. I met Dave after my seminar on Thursday for a drink before heading home to pick up E from daycare. We went to Drake One Fifty. I ordered the Old Cuban, and it was delicious!
4. On Wednesday I talked about our current favourite kids shows. Paw Patrol tops the list!
5. And now for something completely different, one of my favourite things is when the justice system works. Of course I am a lawyer so I am a little biased that the justice system works, but there was a good example this week. Omar Khadr was released on bail on Thursday. He has been in jail (including Guantanamo Bay) for 13 years since he was 15 years old. This is not a commentary on why he was in jail and the whole process around his custody, treatment in jail, child soldiers, terrorists, etc. All I want to say is that when there is not just cause for denying bail then the prisoner should be released. Contrary to what our Prime Minister wanted, the court made the right decision and granted bail in this case.
Have a good weekend!
My kids love paw patrol as well!! And I love Drake 51. And we are in agreement re: the Omar Khadr situation. Well said.ReplyDelete