Q (3 years old)
1. Q's new clapback line is "You're not my best friend!! Dad/Mom is my best friend"! (insert whomever he is not mad at). He says this about his friends at school too. If you do something to make him mad (i.e. tell him to go to bed), then he will cut you from his best friend list.
2. However, he is quite polite. He is very good at saying "please", "thank you", and "sorry". And he also knows how to clear his plate from the table, scrape the leftover food into the organics bin, and put it in the dishwasher.
3. He has been skiing since January and likes it! He had a very successful day yesterday, most likely due to the warmer temperatures. Last week he didn't like it as much and complained about being cold.
E (8 years old, Grade 3)
1. E finished his first chapter book this week, a Hardy Boys book. He has read plenty of Dog Man books but I don't really count that as a novel. He said he had the mystery solved before they did!
2. He is enjoying the Nintendo Switch we got for Christmas, and he even plays with Q, which is nice since Q doesn't really know what he is doing.
3. He is doing much better at swimming this session and got some good goggles to help with diving to the bottom. I don't get to see him swim since Dave takes him to the lessons, but I'm hearing good reports.
1. Like most basketball fans, Dave was pretty devastated by the news of Kobe's death yesterday. It's sad anytime someone dies, but this was so tragic. It's crazy that everyone was just talking about Kobe this weekend with LeBron beating his record, and then this.
2. I should say Dave is also enjoying the Nintendo and playing with E. He has more patience to play all of the games with him, whereas I just want to play regular Mario Kart.
3. I know I brag about him often, but one more thing to add to the list. Every week he gets all of our skiing stuff ready to go and I never have to worry if we have everything.
1. Since I got my haircut the last time (November), I have really cut down on using my flat iron. The hairdresser said how much it damages my hair (I mean, I know that, but didn't really worry about it). But then I realized it doesn't make much of a difference, and if I blow dry it properly it looks almost the same. Ironically using it to get rid of the flyaway hairs causes breakage and more flyaways.
2. I am working in Timmins this week which should be good. I don't mind going up there every once in awhile and I'm looking forward to the solo airplane ride and hotel room.
3. You know you're getting older when one of the things about you is that your shoulder hurts, haha. I ice it every once in awhile and try not to carry too much. I may try to get a physio appointment to see if I can do anything with it, but it doesn't bother me too much.