Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Weekend Recap

 A little brother time before heading out to camp on Friday morning. 

Q had been at Dino Camp all week.

After work we headed over to the neighbours for the evening.  Like the week before, happy hour drinks turned into sharing dinners and a bit later evening. 

On Saturday morning we all went to High Park for Q's tball game.  It was such a beautiful day!

Both teams were a little short on players but we had enough to field the infield with some coaches and older siblings in the outfield, and all of the kids got to hit twice in the inning.  It was actually a great way for the kids to get some practice in, and this is "instructional league" after all.

And the best part is the freezies afterwards.

We got some french fries and cold drinks after the game.

And then some ice creams!

We rested when we got home and watched the rest of F1 Quali. Then E went to a birthday party (indoor go-karts and dinner out). Q and Dave washed the car and I walked up the street to get some corn for dinner.

There was a bunny across the street.

After supper I took Q for a paddle in the Humber River.

It was really nice out on the water.  We saw a deer, a beaver, and tons of birds.  My phone wasn't super accessible so although I got it out for these photos, it wasn't easy for me to get a photo of the animals we saw.

Our Sunday plans got a bit mixed up with the weather. The day started out fine, Dave went golfing and I did a 45 minute Peloton and did some reading. E and I biked to his baseball game, while Dave and Q headed to High Park for a tball game. However it turned out the tball game was cancelled due to a scheduling mix up and since we were a call-up, we didn't get the notice it was cancelled.  Then there was some thunder so the umps at E's game had to declare a 30 minute delay and since the game was half over, the coaches just decided to call the game.

Then we biked to High Park to meet up with Dave and Q with plans to go for a swim, but because of the aforementioned thunder, the pool was also closed while they waited that out.  After we sort of figured out what was going on, it turned out we only needed to wait another 10 minutes before the pool opened back up.  We waited in line and then just as they were putting the bracelets on me and Q, there was thunder again and they had re-close the pool. So then we gave up and headed home and it's a good thing we did!  It started raining on our way home but really pouring as soon as we pulled into the driveway. Q and Dave were just getting off the subway so I drove up to get them. I got soaked just running out to the car!

With our afternoon plans ruined, we decided to head to the movies.  We saw Mission Impossible and it was fabulous! Tom Cruise is single-handedly saving the movie theatre experience! Haha, maybe not single-handedly, but he's doing a great job.

Then home for some supper and an early bedtime.


  1. What a great weekend. You all are so active -- biking and walking everywhere. That's a bummer about your plans, but I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. Hadley saw it with friends a few weeks ago and loved it.

  2. That paddle sounds wonderful; we rarely see any animals other than turtles when we're out kayaking. It's too bad about the rain but the movie sounds great.

  3. The paddle sounds great. And you get to see animals like beavers and deer, wow!I want to go see Mission Impossible soon. I saw the trailer and it looks great