Today's topic is spring cleaning. Some of the things that fall into my category of spring cleaning are:
- Clean out cupboards and the fridge - I did this a few weeks ago where I got rid of things that were outdated and/or stale, or things that we just won't get around to eating. There is not much left in our main cupboard right now, but I'd much rather buy the ingredients I need as I need them, rather than having them take up space in our cupboard with the chance that I may not use them.
- Put away our winter coats, boots, scarves, hats, etc. and replace them with sandals, ball caps, and spring coats - I cleaned out our front closet this week and it is so nice to clean out that winter dirt. I also weeded out a few things that I didn't wear at all this year and I will donate them.
The little hatch on the ceiling is our storage space for boots, hats, mittens, etc.
- Sweep the front porch and rake the yard - We cleaned up the yard a bit a few weekends ago. The gardening won't happen for another couple of weeks when it will be more consistently warm.
- Clean out the car - This is also done but needs to be done again. There was so much dirt, I didn't feel like I got it cleaned out that well the first time, so when I have time again, it will get another vacuum and wipe down.
- Take summer clothes out of storage and put winter clothes away - I still need to do this, but it has only just started to get warm so my winter clothes are still appropriate. I was pregnant last spring/summer, so I will need to reassess what I have and see what else I may need to get.
- Clean the garage - This is Dave's thing that he likes to do, but I will help him.
- Clean the oven - I have the Easy-Off cleaner but I need to find a two hour window when I can let it sit and then have time to clean it up. Hopefully this will be done soon.
There are a few other things like taking the duvets off of the beds and replacing them with quilts, tuning up the bikes, putting the ski stuff away, cleaning the stroller, and organizing the linen closet.
I try to keep most of the house clean during the week with this cleaning schedule. Now that Q is having more consistent naps (twice a day for 1.5 to 2 hours, with the occasional third nap for 45 minutes) then I have been able to fit these special spring cleaning projects into the mix. I am much more motivated to do things around the house now that the sun is out and the temperatures are warm.