Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Show and Tell Tuesday

Linking up with Andrea for Show and Tell Tuesday

Today I am showing and telling you about a day in my life.  I have done these posts before, but this time it's for a link up.  This was my day yesterday.

I haven't done any exercise for the month of October, after I completed my summer running habit, then we went to Spain and after that I felt like I was still trying to get into a routine.   On this day I decided to start exercising again, so I set my alarm for 5:45 and headed down to the basement to work out. 

My mat, weights and ball.  

E woke up when I was getting up and although Dave tried to get him to stay upstairs, he followed me to the basement.  He didn't really prevent me from doing my exercises, but I probably didn't do as well as I could have if he wasn't there.  Oh well, at least I was doing something, and he was good company.

Then I went upstairs to make coffee, shower, register E for Senior Kindergarten French Immersion, and make breakfast (English muffins with egg and cheese, and mango on the side).  

I drove E to school.  It was cool in the morning but then warmed up to be quite pleasant for the rest of the day.

I had a pretty busy day at work.  I am involved in a big deal that is closing on Thursday so I spent most of my day sorting through our closing documents, making minor revisions, and then collecting the originals to send to the lawyers for the other side.  I managed to work on a few other files, and I also remembered to book our annual visit to see Santa at Sherway Gardens.  It costs $15.00 to spend about 45 minutes with Santa and other children at the mall.  He plays some games, sings some songs and reads a book to the children.  Then parents can take their own photos. 

Sorting papers

At lunch I enjoyed some leftover chicken curry and read my book club book in my office. 

I left work early so I could pick up E to take him to his first dentist appointment.  He was a champ, was very well behaved, sat still for the x-rays, and kept his mouth open for the cleaning and exam.  He does have a small cavity in his molar where two of his teeth are closer together than the other ones.  We'll take him back in a couple of weeks to get that fixed. 

Although we had supper planned, because we were a little later leaving the dentist than expected, we decided to go to our neighbourhood pub for $10 pitchers and $6 appetizers instead.    

E's two trucks that he got from the dentist's treasure chest because he was so good they said he could take two treats.

E playing Golden Tee at the pub

Family selfie!

After we got home, I did up a few dishes, made lunch for E and me for the next day, and did a load of laundry while Dave put E to bed.  Then I blogged and continued to read my book club book.

Thanks for visiting the blog today!!


  1. How sweet of E to keep you company on the morning you are getting back into your exercise routine! A beautiful start to a busy day for your lovely family.

  2. Love getting to see a little glimpse of your life! Glad the dentist went smoothly. My daughter is at the age where she is super scared of the dentist. We've only been twice but getting her to sit in that dentist chair is risky business.
    -Erin (No Bohns About It)

  3. Busy day! How did you book the sherway garden experience? Did you do it online or did u have to go there?

    1. You can book online. Go to the Sherway Gardens homepage and you'll see a link.