Hi Everyone! Today on our "Not Just A Mom" link up party, we are talking about our Favourite Workout Places. Check out what other people have written about below and link up with us too if you have a blog.
I have had many different routines for working out/exercising throughout my life. And I thought I would go through some of them here, but to answer the question for today's prompt, my current favourite place to workout is my basement. We have a Peloton so I use it for spinning and strength workouts with the occasional stretch, pilates, or yoga class thrown in. Our basement is large with a high ceiling (very rare for old Toronto homes). We have a good set of weights form 5lbs to 35lbs. We have yoga mats, yoga blocks, bands, a kettlebell, and foam rollers.
My exercise habits over the years (somewhat in order, as much as I can remember):
- Running on the Dalplex track, using the weight machines in the "little man" gym (if you know, you know)
- Running on the trails in Fredericton
- Yoga (the best class I was ever a part of was on Thursdays at the gym in Saint John, NB, when I was articling. The instructor always just took energy from the room to design her classes as she went and it was always the perfect class for me.)
- Good Life group classes (Body Pump, Step, Spinning)
- Running near the Humber River and Lake Ontario in Toronto (including training for two half marathons)
- Good Life Personal Trainer
- Pre- and Post-Natal Yoga
- Early Morning Boot Camp
- Think Fitness Mama and Baby strength classes
- Soar Studio group classes (Pilates, Yoga, Barre)
Stay fit and have fun! (Hal Johnson and Joanne McLeod)