Thursday, January 24, 2019

A Day in the Life

This past Tuesday I set a reminder on my phone to do a Day in the Life Post.  I tried taking a photo about every hour.  It was a true ordinary day.

7:00 - Everyone had slept well the night before so I was actually awoken by my alarm at 6:30.  I had showered the night before so I only needed to flat iron my hair. When I went into get Q he was pretty happy.  He then went downstairs with Dave and I finished getting ready.  For breakfast I had hot wwater with lemon, leftover shake, and a piece of cinnamon raisin toast.  Got our lunches ready and addressed some sympathy cards. 

8:00 - Kids are dropped off and my car was nice and warm so I shed my jacket for the drive to work.  I talked to my mom on the phone and then started a podcast. 

9:00 Got to work, answered some emails and signed letters. 

10:00 - I took a little break to read some blogs and eat my muffin. I ordered a new sweatshirt and then got back to work. 

11:00 - I needed an extra push to get through to lunch so put on my current favourite album - A Star is Born Soundtrack.  Give me all of the Gaga.  This also reminded me to check the Oscar nominations. 

12:00 - I went to the lunchroom to eat.  I had a roast beef sandwich and vegetables.  A few of my colleagues were there too and we talked about movies and comedians. 

1:00 and 2:00 I was just sitting at my desk so I didn't take any photos.

3:00 - Snack of apple, almonds, chocolate and a coffee.  I took a phone call and then kept working. 

4:00 - Called Dave to talk about summer plans, no photos. 

5:00 - I would usually be gone by this time but I had a phone call.

6:00 - Time to go home.  Started up my podcast again.

7:00 - Greeted by this cutie when I got home.  He joined me at the counter to drink some milk while I ate my dinner.

E was playing video games on the iPad, so I popped over there to say hello before he went up to bed.  Dave cleaned up the kitchen while I put Q to bed and then did some blogging. 

8:00 - Kids are gone to bed so I tidied the living room.  Then I prepared supper for the next night, a chicken soup that would be cooked in the slow cooker, and cut up a melon for breakfast in the morning.  

9:00 and 10:00 - No photos, just Dave and I watching TV.  We watched two episodes of Workin' Moms and one episode of Friends From College.   Then to bed.  

You can see previous Day in the Life posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment