I have a love/hate relationship with Costco, or rather a "indifferent opinion/hate" relationship. I am never super excited to go there, I'm never overly impressed with their offerings, but we are members for the cheap gas and by extension we will go into the store and buy a few things. So what are my Costco habits?
- First we get in line for gas; I am one of those people who likes to be the fastest, I have my cards ready, I tap debit, and I don't ask for a receipt. My goal is to be done before someone who was there before me. (I am trying to win a contest that no one else is participating in.)
- I buy a few packaged snacks there for school lunches and snack time. Q in particular loves the fig bars. I also will get the Made Good granola bites. I get these first since they are by the front. We usually have a box of Clif bars for skiing too.
- I always take a swing through the clothing but I don't buy much here - maybe a swimsuit for E or some socks.
- Then onto the meat section, where I usually pick up chicken breasts, ground turkey, and salmon.
- In the produce section I like getting bags of lemons, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, spaghetti squash, cucumbers, and baby potatoes.
- Eggs and milk make it into the cart if we need them that day. We also like the smoked Gouda and creamy Havarti, especially if we are having people over.
- We get our paper towel and toilet paper here as well.
- Dave usually tells me to get some kettle chips, although we haven't had any since the new year started. I have a weakness for the Chicago Mix popcorn so I really need willpower not to get this more often.
- I usually walk up and down all of the aisles, and if E is with me he tries all of the samples, and things that go in my cart (when I need them) are: butter, tuna, coffee beans, maple syrup, cereal, cinnamon, peppercorns, laundry soap, dishwasher detergent, frozen lasagna, and that's pretty much it.
- We have bought stamps, batteries, passes for Canada's Wonderland, and tickets to the Science Centre (online) with our membership and those have been good deals.
Everything else that I could buy are in quantities that are just too ridiculous to buy and I don't think it is worth it, we aren't running a restaurant; a lot of the other stuff is too processed and we don't eat that type of food anyway.
Is there anything I'm missing out on?