Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Weekend Recap

I cannot stop going to the Union Station summer market.  It is right across the street from my office and it is my scene.  This time I got the OG chicken sandwich from Union Chicken and a beer.  It was so so good, and the sun was out so it was even better.  If you are in Toronto, I will meet you there for  lunch anytime!!

After work, I picked up the boys and we went straight to a house party complete with a live band.

I barely saw E all night, he was running around with the other kids

The next morning, we hopped on the subway, transferred to the bus at Ossington, and went to the Indigenous Arts Festival at Fort York. 

Sitting in a tipi.

Joining in with the drumming. 

We walked through Fort York and checked out the cannons.  Pro tip, there is no exit at the East end of Fort York onto Bathurst, so if you make it to the East end, you have to double back to exit to the south.  I swear there used to be an exit there and we weren't the only people that thought that. 

Then we went over to the new Stackt Market.  It is designed from shipping containers and is an Instagram paradise.  We got some gourmet donuts to start out with. 

It was our plan to go to the brewery and get some pretzels (and beer for me of course!) but it was closed for a private event, so we took a few more photos and got a popsicle before heading out. 

We went back through the Indigenous festival on our way home.  We saw a bit of the pow-wow and the neat outfits the dancers were wearing but couldn't see much.  We got home around 2:00 and Q went right to bed.  When he got home, we picked up our grocery order and then went to the playground. 

We just had some snacks for dinner as no one was really hungry.  E went over to a friend's house for a bit so Q and I watched The Secret Life of Pets; when he got home, Q went to bed and then E and I watched Sing, and then a bit of A Star is Born.

We were out of the house early again on Sunday.  It was the last day of Sunday School before the summer so E needed to be there early to practice.  We dropped him off and then went to the playground at the local school for a bit before we joined him for the service. 

The cake after the service was a big hit. 

We went to Wall-Mart when Q woke up from his nap to get a random assortment of things.  We had some freezies when we got home, and then made supper.

Dave got home from his golf trip around 9:00 which wasn't too late. 


  1. Great pictures! Fun weekend. Those donuts look amazing! E's especially 😉

  2. Always such a lovely weekend. We had such wonderful weather too!!