I've been eating according to our reset plan for the past few weeks (with a few exceptions, ahem, beers at the Raptors game), and so I was looking for a grain free muffin recipe, and bingo, I found this one! I have made it a couple of times so I can stand behind it. And even if you're not grain-free, it works for anyone. It's also dairy and oil free if that piques your interest. The only downfall is that they are not safe for school.
1/3 coconut sugar
1 cup grated apple
1 cup grated carrot
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups finely ground almond flour
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup raw walnuts, chopped
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Please ignore the oil included in this photo, I forgot the recipe didn't call for it. And I did forget to include the cinnamon in the photo. I ran out of walnuts so I topped it up with sliced almonds, and also ran out of raisins so added some dried cranberries. I'm sure you could do any sort of mix and matching with what you've got in your cupboard. You could also use zucchini in place of the carrot.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 hole muffin tin with papers or lightly spray with oil.
2. Add first five ingredients (eggs, sugar, apple, carrot, vanilla) in a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
3. Add the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and stir until well combined.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until combined.
5. Spoon into muffin tin.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes until muffins and golden brown.
Q was my helper but he didn't want me to take his photo mixing up the ingredients. I managed to sneak this photo as he helped me open the oven to put them in.
Enjoy with your morning coffee :)