1. Running at night is one of my favourite ways to exercise. It is usually cooler and I don't have to hurry back to get ready for work, so I can take my time or go for a longer distance if I want to. I went for a run on Thursday evening and it was very pleasant.
2. I saw that Mariah Carey got a star on the Walk of Fame this week. The first CD that I ever purchased was Emotions. It was a favourite for a long time.
3. The Daily Show has been my favourite news source for many years. I am sad to see Jon Stewart go. His pause and smirk at the camera was sometimes all the joke he needed. And I wasn't always laughing at the Americans, we could still appreciate the humour when Toronto was the brunt of the joke:
4. Today is E's daycare summer party and we signed up to bring cookies. I made my favourite recipe for chocolate chip cookies and made them extra special by using M and Ms along with the chocolate chips. This guy helped me add the ingredients to the mixer.
5. I've said before that one of my favourite things about this blog is keeping a record of our lives, even the small things. One of those things happened this week. Dave and E were playing dominos and Dave won. E got so upset because he wanted to win. He doesn't get upset a lot and I like to think he is so well-adjusted and grown up, but he is still a little boy. It was a good reminder to let him be little, and know that losing a game of dominos can be a big deal sometimes.
This is from last year but Cuddly Pal is still going strong.