1. One of my favourite things is getting things fixed around the house. We got our ceiling fixed in the living room. Rather than just patching the hole, we had the whole ceiling plastered. We were able to keep the curve on the edge of the ceiling, to keep some of the original character, but it is smooth now and it can be easily painted and cleaned. The room is far from done but this was a big piece of it and I'm glad it's done.
After (blurry picture without lights, but you get the idea)
2. I'm going to a Stella and Dot party next week. A few of my favourite pieces that I'm checking out are:
Aurelia Pendant Necklace
Madeline Pearl Necklace
Renegade Cluster Bracelet
Makeup Bag in Spring Green Ikat
3. Did you know if you're an Arbonne Preferred Client (or Independent Consultant) and you spend over $300 then you get to pick out $150 worth of products for $30. This week I decided to "splurge" for the Intelligence Genius Nightly Resurfacing Pads. This is one of my favourite products but it is pricey. When I get to take advantage of the $150 for $30, I like to get some special things like this one.
4. My favourite music growing up was rap/hip hop. Yes, I know, shocking. So when Straight Outta Compton was advertised, I knew I wanted to see it. I am hoping to get there this week to see it sometime since it is at the theatre by our house.
5. We ordered E's new backpack and Dave decided to get passport holders for all of us too. They are pretty nice, and we all got our own pattern. This is mine.
Happy (last) Friday (of August)!!