1. What 3 colours remind you most of Spring?
Mint green, pink, yellow
2. What is the first thing you add to your wardrobe in Spring?
Sunglasses. I can get away with no sunglasses during the winter since it is usually pretty dark when I am driving to and from work, but I need them now!
3. What is the first wardrobe item you ditch in Spring?
A big winter coat and boots.
4. Who mows the grass where you live?
My husband, but I will do it if I have to. His attention to the lawn is greater than mine.
5. What is Spring like where you live?
It is not winter and it is not summer. This year we have had some cooler temperatures, hovering around the freezing mark; I think we are used to a little bit warmer weather, but at least it is not snowing and the sun is mostly out.
6. What is your favourite thing about Spring?
The warm weather. We really pay our dues during the winter, so it is nice to go outside without a hat or mittens (although we are still waiting for that consistently warm weather!).
7. Are you a Spring cleaner?
Not really, there are certain jobs I have to do, like clean out the front closet, but I am not someone who cleans the entire house from top to bottom just because it is Spring.
8. Are you a baseball fan?
Yes! Go Blue Jays!
9. Tulips or daffodils?
I've always been partial to tulips, but both are lovely.
10. Favourite outdoor Spring activity?
Going for a bike ride. For the past two years I haven't ridden a bike (I was pregnant in 2016 and in 2017 Q was too little to go in the bike trailer), so I am looking forward to getting back out there. I love going for a ride after supper.
11. Flowers in the ground or in pots?
The only ones we have been successful with are potted plants. Our soil is very sandy and it is hard to find something that works in it.
12. Favourite bird?
Cardinals, and I have heard and seen a few in our neighbourhood lately.
13. Car wash or wash vehicles at home by hand?
We usually go to a car wash. I think there is a City By-law that says you aren't allowed to put soap into the sewer system, but I've never confirmed that. We will vacuum and clean the interior ourselves at home though.
14. When do you pull out your sandals?
When it gets about 10 degrees (Celsius), so not yet!