Here are some comments:
- I did lose weight. The most weight came off in the first week, probably just from not drinking alcohol and not snacking at night.
- It is possible to attend social events without deviating from the plan.
- I feel like I have a lot more energy than I used to (except for the days I was sick).
- Eating at restaurants is difficult because everything has so many calories. The times I did go out, I would usually order chicken or fish tacos, as they seemed to be the best options.
- When you're not following your usual habits, you can really see what you would be eating (i.e. four slices of pizza at a work lunch, a beer at lunch, sweet treats with your coffee, etc.).
- Spending time in the evenings prepping food is time consuming, but really worth it the next day when you are hungry and everything is ready for you.
- I was never really hungry, except if I stayed up too late.
- When I would get out my homemade snacks or meals around other people, they were always curious about what I was eating and how it was going. I think there is a real shift towards healthy eating and lifestyle.
A surprisingly good snack of hummus, cucumber and boiled egg.
This is a rough outline of our days:
Breakfast - Eggs and vegetables (grilled or in an omelet), shake made with vegetables, or oatbran cereal with flaxseed
10:00 AM Snack - Vegetables and hummus, greek yoghurt and berries, sugar free muffin and almond butter
Lunch - Small portion of a vegetable and lean protein based dish - salad, soup, sandwich made with spelt bread, leftovers from the night before
3:00 PM Snack - a different version of the 10:00 snack
Supper - Fish, shrimp, chicken, or chick peas, and lots of vegetables.
Super Food Salad
You can check out some of the recipes here. If you are local, I would really encourage you to come and work out with us. The classes are amazing and the instructors are very supportive and provide great encouragement and inspiration. It is not just about your body, but also your mind and well being.
I think we will continue to roughly follow the plan but perhaps with some more leeway in the meals we eat and the treats we enjoy. Now that I know what we can accomplish, I can make some better choices than I used to.
Yay you! Great to see positive changes in your body, right?ReplyDelete