As you already know, Canadians celebrated Thanksgiving earlier this month, so instead of a "prep" post, I'll call this a "recap". Linking up with Patty and Holly.
1. Do you host Thanksgiving or go elsewhere?
We have hosted the past few years.
2. What dishes do you make or contribute?
This year I made turkey, gravy, dressing, mashed potatoes, carrots, brussels sprouts, parsnips, and cranberry sauce. I usually strive for a colourful plate.
3. What is your favourite Thanksgiving recipe and will you share it with us?
I follow Jamie Oliver's method for cooking the turkey, more or less. I put the herbed butter under the skin and I don't use the bacon.
We get a long weekend for Thanksgiving with the holiday on Monday, so we typically eat our big dinner on Sunday and then have a full day off school and work on Monday for leftovers and some outdoor time.
5. Stuffing or dressing?
I'm not sure what the difference is, I call the bread mixture "dressing" but I do put some of it in the bird and bake the rest in a dish.
6. Pumpkin, pecan or apple pie?
For Thanksgiving, always pumpkin and apple.
7. Casual dining or set the table?
We set the table, but it's with the same cutlery and dishes as everyday. If we are having people we may do up place settings.
8. Favourite beverages to serve with Thanksgiving dinner?
White wine for me please!
9. Do you shop Black Friday?
I have, but now I'm mostly just checking for deals online.
10. Holiday movie or football game?
We were hoping to watch the Blue Jays on Thanksgiving Sunday this year but it was not to be! I instead watched About Time while I was cooking our meal.