I've been writing this blog for about four years now so there probably isn't much that you don't know about me already, but maybe I'll surprise you with this post. I'm linking up with The Blended Blog to share 10 things you didn't know about me.
1. My eyes tear up and my nose runs when I yawn. So when I yawn a lot, I often get asked if I'm okay.
2. I believe honesty is the best policy. I always say that you can't get mixed up if you're telling the truth.
3. I don't like asking a lot of questions about personal matters. I've always found that people will tell you what they want you to know and if you ask too many questions, it gets uncomfortable.
4. I do not like blood or injuries (talking about it gives me the willies), but I want to take a first aid course so I can help people if I'm ever in a mass casualty situation, or even just better help my own family.
5. I talk with an East Coast accent - meaning my "a" sounds different, especially paired with an "r", and words that end in "t" also sound different. So for example, if I say "Charlotte", it sounds like "Chaarr-litt" or something like that.
6. When I was 6, I think, I broke my nose playing t-ball. I was standing in the outfield, probably talking and not paying attention, and the ball got hit out to me and got me in the nose.
7. I do not have a green thumb. Keeping plants alive is just not at the forefront of my mind so I often forget about them until it's too late. I am getting better at pruning the dead geraniums, and our automatic watering system helps.
8. I still have my wedding dress. It was never dry cleaned and is just stored in a big rubbermaid container in the basement. I'm sure when I bring it out someday it will be in sad shape, but I'll keep it for now.
9. When I see another parent yelling at their kid for something I get after E for, I feel relieved. I usually think we are the only parents dealing with a kid who doesn't listen, who gets distracted, who doesn't get their shoes on, who loses things, etc. so when I see other kids doing the same, I feel like we're not alone!
10. I like to put sports on the tv to keep me company while doing stuff around the house. Baseball in the summer, football in the winter. Basketball typically requires our full attention ;)