Today's prompt is 10 favourite bible verses. When I read this I didn't think I would be able to come up with 10, but I could, and it was pretty easy. Now I do have a bible app on my phone where I have highlighted a few of my favourites over the year, so it was easy to go there and find the exact ones I wanted. I do not read the bible on a regular basis like some others, but I consult it every once in awhile, or do a search for "bible verse about (loss, love, children, etc.)" and that leads me to the passage I want to read.
(I'm using the King James Version wording, as that is the app I have on my phone.)
1. Hebrews 13:2 - Be not forgetful to entertain strangers; for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
2. Matthew 5:3 - Blessed are the poor in spirit; for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
3. 2 Timothy 1:7 - For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
4. Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
5. Psalm 73:26-28 - My flesh and my heart faileth; but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish; thou has destroyed all them that go awhoring from thee. But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works.
6. 2 Corinthians 5:7 - For we walk by faith, not by sight.
7. Philippians 4:6 - Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made unknown unto God
8. Luke 7: 11-19 - I won't write this out, but it is one of the parables. Jesus cures 10 lepers and only one comes back to say thank you. Jesus says "Your faith has made you well".
9. John 14:27 - Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled neither let it be afraid.
10. John 11:35 - Jesus wept.