Linking up with Holly and Patty for this month's edition of Monthly Musings - Fall Fun and Traditions.
1. What are your Halloween traditions?
We carve our pumpkins with fun designs. Check out some past years here. We always have these baked chicken tacos on Halloween night. The kids go trick or treating with Dave and I stay home to give out candy and drink wine. :)
2. Favourite Fall Activities?
Going for hikes and enjoying the changing leaves.
3. Favourite Fall Recipes?
4. What beverage makes you think of fall?
5. Favourite Fall Fashion Staples?
Hunter boots, trench coats, and knit scarves
6. Do you decorate for fall? Halloween? Both?
We have both types of decorations and they all go out at the same time.
7. Bonfire? Corn maze? or Hay ride?
Bonfire. We have a fire pit in our yard and I love having a fire in the chilly nights with friends.
8. Apple pie or apple cider?
Apple pie and I'm going to make one this weekend!!
9. Favourite type of apple?
10. What are your Thanksgiving traditions?
In Canada our Thanksgiving falls on a Monday and that's the day we have as a holiday. We always eat our turkey dinner on the Sunday so then Monday is left for a hike and leftovers. Besides the meal itself, a traditional turkey dinner (turkey, bread stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, carrots, turnip, Brussels sprouts, cranberry sauce, apple pie and pumpkin pie), we go around the table to say what we are thankful for, but that's it.