Today I'm talking about my favourite things about this summer.
1. The Blue Jays have been a big part of our summer. We are sports fans throughout the year, but this year the Jays have been doing better than normal so we have been keeping up with most of their games, and have attended some in person. This city loves its sports but haven't had too much to cheer above over the years (ahem, Maple Leafs), so the energy around the Jays has been pretty amazing.
2. We got to go camping twice this year. In June we camped at Sandbanks and in August we camped at Algonquin. Both were great trips and we are glad to incorporate the great outdoors into our summer.
3. We made two trips to Centreville, the amusement park on the Toronto Islands, here and here. This is a perfect spot for little kids and the ferry ride makes it extra special.
4. We don't have a large yard at our house, and we are fine with that. We like to say that the parks in Toronto are an extension of our home. With the heat that we had throughout the summer, we spent some time at the parks, pools and splash pads near our house. The kiddie pool we purchased also came in handy, set up in our front yard.
5. Food is a central feature of my life. I love to cook and go out to eat. I am someone who thinks about food and my next meal throughout the day. We enjoyed a lot of yummy food this summer.
Thanks for joining me for this little recap of the highlights of our summer.
Have a great long weekend!