Three things going on with each of us at the moment...
1. Q has been waking up with a dry pull-up lately, so I think it will be time to start the overnight potty training again. Last time was not successful but hopefully this one will be better.
2. He has done well learning how to skate, even with using a chair to push in front of him. We are going skiing on Saturday so I'm hoping he will be equally enthusiastic about that. He tells me he "likes cold" so that's a good quality here in Ontario.
3. Q is getting taller, not that he's grown a lot, but you can tell his legs are lengthening out, and some of his pants won't last that much longer.
1. E got a night guard for his lower teeth last week. He hasn't worn it overnight yet, he's supposed to get used to it by wearing it in the evening after supper.
2. E is watching the old X-Men series on Disney Plus. This is something Dave would have watched as a child so the animation is a little rudimentary, but E is enjoying it.
3. The kids wrote out a Valentine's card for me this weekend and I was so impressed with E's printing. He has really improved over the past year and I made sure to tell him how proud I am of him.
1. I bought Earthy Andy's cookbook (Plants Over Processed) but it has been Dave using it the most. He was intrigued by the smoothie bowl recipes and has made several for us.
2. He joined the crew that maintains the local community skating rink. It's a good way to get outside and meet a few people in the neighbourhood. Standing around in the cold talking to strangers is not my cup of tea but it's right up Dave's alley.
3. Dave always tries to pile up the snow in the front corner of our front yard so the kids can make a fort. Tuesday's snowfall produced the biggest pile yet, and with more expected tomorrow, the fort should be epic.
1. I joined a committee at church to discuss the direction of where our church is going and how we can encourage more attendance, not just for Sunday services but for other activities that our church offers. It has been very interesting so far and I will write more about it in the next few weeks.
2. When I come in from outside, even though our house is warm, my clothes seem to keep the cold and it's hard to warm up. I'm sure most of you know this, but the tip for getting warm is to change every item of clothing, even your underwear and socks. Then you'll get warm and I find nothing else works. I remember doing this when we hiked in Peru after our second day when we were wet and cold. I tried warming up in our tent but it wasn't until I changed all of my clothes did I feel better.
3. I love sarcastic/bitter New Yorkers and Fran Lebowitz is my new favourite one. There is a show on Netflix called "Pretend It's a City" and it's just great. It also makes me want to go to New York as my first international trip when we can all travel again.